Tuesday, February 17, 2009

You always ask me, "What do I gift you?" Well, here's my wishlist..

Gift me a diary wherein I write your flaws,
And the reasons to hate you and not care.
Then teach me how do I fill that book,
As every page remains blank and bare…

Gift me your perfume for me to spray,
And your scent would make my heart pound.
Then teach me how do I stop feeling you,
When there’s no you or perfume around…

Gift me a pillow to rest our heads,
With your arms spread around me wide
Then teach me how to sleep peacefully on it,
When there’s a vacant space beside…

Gift me an umbrella when it is monsoon,
As we walk half drenched half dry in the lane.
Then teach me how to distinguish the water on my face,
Whether it’s my tears or rain?

Gift me the boring, but simple life I had,
Gift me my steady heart, my peace,
Then teach me how do I hate you enough,
And erase all your memories with ease.

Gift me a moment where I’m entirely yours,
With no tears of guilt to shed,
Then teach me how to un-love you,
I’ve come a long, long way ahead.

6 comments:

  1. As i said .... gift me some words !!! out of 'em to admire this!!!!!
    nothing less than a complete shift to see the silliness and then this WISHLIST!

    and even if herd's not my way .... i am ready to be one now..... here's small lines from the privileged first one -

    Go wash in the rain ... let 'em be the ones on the cheek -
    and then sun shines again .... same drops glitter as they speak ...

    even if i sound terrible ... thanks 13J ... for letting me write the first one :) U rock
    - Kumar613 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa! dats an amazing one...quite touching.. way 2 go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't gift you a diary,
    As the flaws will just overflow.
    I won't gift you a perfume,
    As the scent will continue to grow...

    I shouldn't gift you a pillow,
    As it has no promise of any peace.
    I wouldn't gift you an umbrella,
    As the tears may still refuse to cease...

    I do have a simple, boring life,
    That I could gift you in a heartbeat
    But instead I'd gift something you deserve,
    A moment of truth, placing you in the Elite.


    No words can describe how fabulously well you indite. Still, making a little effort.

    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. baap re..some amazing talent hidden in there!
    "You have to have experienced these feelings in order to understand what I want to convey... :)" dats not true!! mala kalla! and umang bahut tareef kar raha tha teri.. bnut even all that tarref seems lik an understatement nw dat i hv seen it myself...
    its lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome!!! :) dats an amazing ode...

    ReplyDelete