Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Unanswered questions

How come your eyes twinkle as you smile?
How come your frown doesn't make it any duller?
How come your eyes are so sparkling brown?
How come I'm so sure of the colour?

How come I saw you with eyes open and closed?
How come I heard your voice in my mind?
Everyone said I was in love,
But that's something I straight denied.

I smiled as I thought of you,
How come that smile made my heart ache?
And then even you said I was in love,
But this statement I couldn't take.

I have all the reasons to hate you,
To shut you out of my life's door.
Then how come I love you so much, it hurts?
And that makes me hate you all the more...

I don't ask for promises. I don't ask for smiles
But just for absence of tears from my face.
I just want you to say you love me too,
And make everything fall into place...

5 comments:

  1. I'm imagining..

    Every teenybopper like me around would try his hand at something he wouldn't exactly even attempt to do by choice. Starting with a few words with pencil.. and then the eraser :) .. only to realize.. it wasn't exactly he intended to pen it down..

    But then there is this cherub.. amongst whom this girl with all her operose self, cogitating about her neonate workpiece.


    Yes, we couldn't resist a furtive peek at her work half-done, but her reproof was strong. But when her endeavor was over, her chef d'oeuvre left us all stupefied.


    Keep Rocking..
    & Good Luck for all your future strokes of lead..

    ~ Rahul

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm.. as much as i wud hv liked to gv shabaashi dil kholke (as much as u wud hv liked to hear ur shabaashi kaan kholke!) .. but.. its decent...
    sorry but its ur fault..! u have sent my xpectations rocketing!
    btw amazing pic on gtalk! :o lol!

    ReplyDelete